Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Sweater...Finally!

The saga of this sweater began a long, long, long time ago. My first post about the sweater was January 16, 2012! I wrote a number of other posts about it (here, here, here) so I'm not going to rehash all the details here, but it was definitely quite a ride. Looking back at those old posts, I  realized it sat for over a year just waiting for blocking and buttons. That's cray cray! But there were also legitimate setbacks like ripping out the nearly complete body to improve the fit in the waist and hips.

But now it's finally finished! And it was even warm enough for me to wear it out running errands the other day. 

A few thoughts about it:

1) I love this yarn. It's Rowan Renew (sadly discontinued) and I thought it was going to be scratchy, but it blocked up nicely and is quite soft.

2) I kind of look like an old lady/librarian when I wear it, but I don't care.

3) I added WAY too many buttons. Which is extra worse since I despise buttons in the first place.

4) I don't overall hate these wooden buttons though. Still not a button fan, but these are tolerable.

5) I can't believe I made a freaking sweater!

6) I might add some patch pockets.  Maybe next year...

7) Clearly I am not a model!

1 comment:

  1. This sweater is awesome and it looks great on you. Whatever you had to do to improve the fit was worth it. The buttons are so fun and I love how many there are. Now that it's all done it will probably finally stop snowing and warm up so that you can't wear it. Hope that doesn't happen to soon for your sake! Ha!