Monday, December 8, 2014

Matilda Marie

In March, my brother and sister-in-law's good friends had a baby girl, Matilda. I've met them a few times, and they helped throw the baby shower for my niece over the summer, so I decided to make them a simple whole cloth quilt.


I used this awesome print from Backyard Garden, Cloud 9's second collection for JoAnn, for the front. I think the sleeping cats are my favorite part (it's kind of blurry, but they're the little gray blobs in between the pink and blue flower beds).


And a soft gray flannel for the back (to match the cats, of course).


After binging on a few episodes of Elizabeth Dackson's Craftsy class (highly recommended), I took advantage of the busy print and practiced my free motion quilting with a large stipple. It's definitely getting better!

A hand-embroidered binding with the baby's name and birth date for an extra personal touch.


And finished it off with a pink binding with a hint of blue to pull it all together.


I haven't seen the recipients since sending this off a few months ago, but I did receive a very nice thank you care, so I trust that Matilda is enjoying her quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment