Monday, January 5, 2015

SOCKS!

I first mentioned these socks on July 11, 2012 when I purchased the yarn.

Then I mentioned them again in January when they were almost complete, but I frogged them because the fit was awful.

Now, two years later, it is my pleasure to introduce my first pair of adult socks!!!


You can scour the archives of this blog and find many references to the ridiculous number of times I took out rows, or frogged these completely, but now they're done and I love them!

They're plain vanilla socks with a 2x2 rib cuff and the fish lips kiss heel. I was originally working the gusset heel from Wendy Johnson's Socks From the Toe Up, but there was no way it was ever going to fit. So after a lot of research, I gave the fish lips kiss heel a try and it's great! It was super easy to knit, and it fits really well. I think the feet of the socks are a tad too big, but I can easily fix that next time. I must have some oddly narrow feet and/or extremely tight knitting style because even the smallest sizes in all of the patterns I looked at were way too big based on my gauge (these were 56 stitches on size 0 needles... Or maybe size 1. I'll have to check).

Now I just need to get some sock blockers! If you have suggestions for cute ones, leave a comment.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have a few pair that are unfinished that are much older than 2 years. Congratulations on this finish.

    ReplyDelete